As is the nature of our volunteers, we constantly have people coming and going. The process from decision to apply with us to arrival usually averages about 12 months. Knowing this process takes some time, we are looking ahead to how an incoming volunteer can meet needs here at Living Hope. While we value all of our volunteers and the skills that they are gifted with and we welcome anyone to apply, here a few of the positions we would love to have a volunteer fill (prefer a one year or greater commitment unless otherwise noted, 6 month minimum):
- Our Agriculture and Business Training Program is looking for someone who can perform general maintenance and be an “all hands on deck” worker within our tunnels.
- Our Agriculture and Business Training Program is also looking for someone with a horticulture background to be a farm supervisor and potentially help out in the classroom as well.
- Our Life Skills Department has opportunities to volunteers with our kids and teens programs in each of our communities.
- Our marketing department can use help with a shorter term commitment with either photography/videography or with graphic design.
- We would be happy to have someone for general building and grounds maintenance as well as auto maintenance for our vehicles that transport staff and clients to and from our communities.
- Living Right can also utilize someone skilled in administration to help with the day to day processes and to help research and write grants to help fund our ongoing work.