Health Care Centre
Achieving the Vision
In our hospital, we seek to positively influence our patients’ quality of life, helping them lead healthier lives, no matter their illness.
Why Do We Serve?
Created initially as an In-patient Palliative care hospice for clients with terminal illnesses, the Health Care Centre has shifted in function according to the community’s needs and is now a 22-bed Sub-Acute Hospital. Sub-acute care, sometimes referred to as step-down, is for patients who have suffered an acute event as a result of an illness, injury or disease; have a determined course of treatment; and who do not require intensive diagnostic and/or invasive medical procedures.
The Health Care Centre is a 22 bed unit, providing 24-hour nursing care facilitated by an Interdisciplinary Care Team, including a medical doctor, social worker, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, chaplain, professional nurses and carers. Our Sub-Acute Hospital provides a safe, clean and nurturing environment where patients receive holistic medical treatment by trained staff.
Who Do We Serve?
We work with patients referred by a clinic or hospital or identified by our Home Based Care team as requiring In-patient care. The referring doctor should complete the
admission application document (forms available from our receptionist) and email the application, providing all relevant information to our case manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once received, medical aid authorisation for the admission will be obtained. Note: Authorisation
from the medical aid takes up to 72-hours
depending on the medical aid applicable.
We care for patients belonging to medical schemes, public patients and private paying patients. The ability to pay will not determine the level of service provided. The Health Care Centre collaborates with most medical schemes. When you choose Living Hope as your sub-acute facility, the cost of your medical care helps to fund another client who cannot afford medical care.
How Do We Serve?
The Health Care Centre provides 24-hour nursing care facilitated by an Interdisciplinary Care Team, including a medical doctor, social worker, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, chaplain, professional nurses and careers. Our Sub-Acute Hospital provides a safe, clean and nurturing environment where patients receive holistic medical treatment by trained staff. Treatment includes nutritional support, side effect management, spiritual counselling, and symptom control.
- All ablution facilities are equipped with panic buttons
- All patients will be seen by the on-site doctor upon admission and daily, as a part of the clinical care protocol followed within the Health Care Centre
- Three nutritious meals per day
- Tea/coffee 3 times per day
- Medication and side-effect management
- Daily medical consumables (excludes medical ward consumables)
- Group activities
- Isolation rooms and the practice of universal infection control
- 24 hour security and gate control
- 24 hour Paramedics service
- Large outside garden & leisure area
- Play area for visiting children
- Our Occupational Therapist, Social Worker and Chaplain attend to the wellbeing of our residents. Activities include exercises, arts and crafts, baking, music and games.
- Separate Occupational therapy and Physiotherapy rehabilitation suite.
- Ample secure parking
Our facility is registered with the Department of Health and the Board of Healthcare Funders. We are a 5 Star COHSASA facility. Quality of service and staff are inspected by Department of Health on a regular basis.
Where Do We Serve?
The Health Care Centre is on the Capri Campus in Fish Hoek. This is the only facility of its kind in the Southern Peninsula, serving a large and diverse population in the Deep South of Cape Town.