Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:10At Living Hope, we welcome missionaries to join our team and use their skills to help further the mission of Living Hope- Reaching People for Christ. It’s important to set expectations of joining the team as a supplement to the work of our boots on the ground. We encourage people to understand the process of moving internationally; identifying a good fit for the team and the individual can take anywhere from 6 months to a year.
The Process may Include:
- Learn about Living Hope and the ministry opportunities available
- Touch base with our International Volunteer Coordinator to begin identifying expectations and service opportunities
- Take a skills test and see if there is a particular area of need where your skills may be best fit
- Plan a vision trip, or short term volunteer trip on a mission team to get a better understanding of the organization, and the lifestyles abroad
- Work with the volunteer coordinator to discuss practical things such as housing, transportation, Visa processes, and expenses.
International Short-Term Volunteers
Short-term volunteers generally help with kids clubs and after school programs. If you have a specific skill-set, such as photography or construction, we may be able to provide a volunteer opportunity that uses those skills, as well.
If you’re interested in our short-term volunteer opportunities, you can email our coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Long-Term Volunteers
Our long-term volunteers have committed for a year or more. We have long-term volunteers serving in a variety of roles, from nursing to marketing to economic empowerment projects.
If you are interested in volunteering long-term with Living Hope, we’d love to talk more with you about how you can get involved. You’re welcome to apply to be a long-term volunteer.