Agricultural Training Programme (Harvest Training Initiative)
Achieving the Vision
The heart of the agricultural training programme is to develop expert farmers, preparing them to run their farming activities from a business perspective. This is done through training, mentoring and direct work application.
Why Do We Serve?
To invest in the lives of potential Agricultural business entrepreneurs and employees, through training, mentorship and support, which exposes them to all the principles of Godly business and sustainable Agricultural production. This will provide them with a solid entrepreneurial foundation and provide a springboard for their first venture, thus providing them with hope and a future.
How Do We Serve?
The range of programme activities is aimed at the under or unemployed individuals. We believe that farming is a profession which is really needed in our country so that there will be food security in South Africa.
- Provide a foundation for employment in the agricultural sector
- Soft skills training
- Addressing the poverty mindset
- Business basics
- Solid Agricultural knowledge
- Mentoring entrepreneurs to launch their agricultural business.
- Direct mentorship in the development of business plan
- Direct mentorship in community development principles
- Provide practical work experience
- Awareness of business requirements and opportunities.
- Internships/job shadowing in agricultural sector
Business launch and support
- Provide input and support to entrepreneurs as they launch their agribusiness.
- Facilitation of startup loan for an entrepreneur
- Onsite evaluation of an agricultural business plan
- Ongoing support of entrepreneur
- Increased development through technology
Through the programme, it is envisioned that farmers will develop a sustainable agricultural business. As a result of their improved work ethic, business and agricultural skills, they should be an economic stimulus in their communities. They will be able to speak with authority and credibility into their neighbours’ farming activities and lives.
For even more information on the course see below: